Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Hello, What do you think about this event? The new vulnerability could expose user data? I think I'll return my processor Intel® Core™ i7-8086K to the seller...

5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Well, since you asked for an opinion, I think you are overreacting. Security threats are a fact of life. And, the article did say Microsoft patched it.

When you find the perfect processor, that is immune to threats, please let me know.

Doc

0 Kudos
BOlim
Beginner

I ask this because lately too many vulnerabilities have been found in Intel processors!

I purchased this processor with the information that this processor can provide a certain yield, we find that after an update of vulnerabilities the efficiency of the processors decreases ...😣

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Like all viruses, Intel is the low-hanging fruit. The other manufacturers have their share of problems as well. It is just that it does not make the news or is as thrilling as it is when someone publishes the story with the focus on Intel., You should know that.

I look at it this way - Every fault that is found only makes the future processor generations better. In comparison, I get a newsletter of software issues. Over the past 20 years, the number of Microsoft incidents has decreased, year over year. In recent newsletters, you have to look hard for the word "Microsoft" to even be mentioned. Again, the low-hanging fruit was picked and it only made the product better.

Low-hanging fruit now? phones and mobile devices. If I were you, I would return the phone before the processor.

Doc

0 Kudos
BOlim
Beginner

@Al.Hill I'm not here to blame Intel work, just i asked a question, if after this patched, these processors will be vulnerable...

Yes I understand the situation and in some statements you are right, only that Intel has to rediscover what it was until 3 years ago, to regain consumer confidence..

All the best!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Good luck, and keep the processor.

Doc

0 Kudos