Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14396 Discussions

Hello can someone help me to install driver?

AŠehi
Beginner

Hello again, i got intel i5-3570 Processor, and my driver is from 2009.. When i try to install new driver, find him on site, and download, when it shoud to install it stop, and it say "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." I know that is because i haven't Intel graphic card, but is that reason why i can't install driver.. Please help me, I'm desperate.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, Intel HD Graphics is built into your processor; there is no "card" involved.

In most Desktop system designs, when you add a graphics card (for example, one that provides an AMD or NVIDIA GPU), the Intel HD Graphics engine in the processor will, by default, be automatically disabled. As a result, attempts to install the Intel HD Graphics device driver package will fail if an add-in graphics card has been installed.

Hope this explains it,

...S

0 Kudos
AŠehi
Beginner

I try to enable intel graphic, but there is no way, when i right click on desk there is no intel graphic menu, and when i go into nvidia options, there is no option to switch to intel graphic.

I'll try what u say, and u learn me something, so thx a lot man :D Wish u all the best

0 Kudos
AŠehi
Beginner

Update: I finaly turn on my intel graphic in bios, and install drivers, but thay only install for intel graphic, and not for processor, processor drivers are still from 2009.. and intel hd prahics gor the last one. Have anyone solution for this?

I install drivers few times, restart pc, but still only install it for graphics, nothing for processor.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The only driver for the processor is that for its Intel HD Graphics engine. There are no other drivers for the processor. Now, there are a number of drivers for the corresponding 7 Series chipset on the motherboard, however, and it is probably these that you are seeing.

If you are using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, then the latest drivers should already be installed and you do not need to do anything.

If you are using Windows 7, on the other hand, then you need to install the Intel Chipset Device Software package, which is also known as the INF Update package. The version you will need is available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23061/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-for-Intel-Desktop-Boards?product=70397.

Now, you need to understand that the above package does not include any device drivers. The device drivers are actually built into Windows. The package only installs a number of INF files. These INF files optimally configure the drivers built into Windows for the particular devices included in the chipset.

Do not worry about the dates you see. The INF files are only changed when they actually need to be changed, so it is possible for some to appear very old.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos