Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Hello, my cpu sometimes get to 97C ,it's i7-7700k,I got PC together with this cpu in 2017-03.I clean the dust often,although there is nothing to clean.

glaim
Beginner

0 Kudos
8 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello glaim, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. The temperature you have mentioned is normal when the processor is working (not idle), the maximum temperature allowed by the processor is 100C, The temperature also depends on the processes that you are running at the moment of the test. I can see also that you have tested using a 3rd party software, please check the temperature with our software which is Intel ® Extreme Tuning Utility, you can even run a stress test and see the maximum temperature it reaches during that test. Please check the link below to download the software: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-?product=66427 Keep in mind that if you are overclocking the temperatures of the processor will normally be high, also, something you can try to do is to replace the thermal paste of the processor, this could potentially reduce the maximum temperature reached, please make sure to run a stress test and let me know the results. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
glaim
Beginner

Well thank you for your honest answer sir,I've the completed the stress test for five 5 mins,no problems,neither it gone up to 90C(By the way I've turned all case fans to high and made a room on the top for a processor to breath,like that,shown in the picture).Yes I could replace the thermal paster, but the computer is still under warranty,and I as I read online,the processor shall not be more than 90C while it's working(like gaming,scanning,watching video) or even 97C,cause it will wear the processor,is that true ?

P.S. I don't overclock my hardware.

0 Kudos
glaim
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
glaim
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
glaim
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello glaim, Thank you for your response. The processor should not wear itself out due to the temperatures you have mentioned, this is because the Tcase/Tjunction of the processor is 100C, this means that the processor can withstand that amount of heat and when it reaches 100 it will start shutting down processes to cool itself down. That is when it could wear itself out but not with the temperatures you have mentioned. You could always take the computer where the warranty is to change the thermal paste since this practice could decrease the temperature while under heavy load. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
glaim
Beginner

Thank you very much for your response Sir!I'll look in to that.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello glaim, Thank you for your response. You are very welcome. I will proceed to close this request unless you have any other question; nevertheless, if you need any more assistance do not hesitate to contact us back. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos