Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14531 Discussions

Help ! i7 4510U is underperforming

rgatt1
Beginner

Hi , so recently i noticed that my pc can't performe (games , fps drop , lag) so i run some cpu tests , my cpu run at 798.10 mhz max (multiplier : x8.0) i tried everything i can't overlock it , bios is updated , cant change settings in bios (set 2.0 ghz) disabled power saving etc but nothing seems to work , please i need help

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is typically because some setting in the BIOS or some setting in an overclocking management tool is preventing the processor from going higher. That is about as far as I can help you. You need to ask this question again - but this time do so in your motherboard manufacturer's support forum. This is where BIOS issues and overclocking management tools for your motherboard are discussed...

...S

rgatt1
Beginner

Thanks for the answer , but it seems like a i can't see the name of the motherboard manufacturer , i tried posting on Toshiba's forum and contacting the support but nothing seems to work , but still thank you for you're answer.

0 Kudos
rgatt1
Beginner

Btw i can't use a Overclocking tool because the clock is locked as it seems

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It maybe one running that is causing the clock to appear locked...

0 Kudos
rgatt1
Beginner

i'm sure i have no overclocking tool in my pc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That you need to look at the BIOS configuration. We cannot help you here. You need to talk to the support people for your motherboard's manufacturer...

...S

0 Kudos
rgatt1
Beginner

So after running a few tests , i couldn't change anything in bios btw , i tried running the computer in safe mode . once in safe mode the cpu was performing well with 2.59ghz clock speed. so i'm guessing a windows service is throttling my cpu. ( i have a lynx point lp motherboard)

0 Kudos