Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Help resetting to defaults after uninstalling Intel XTU

SSmit87
Beginner

I installed Intel XTU on my laptop to undervolt it and have since uninstalled it. I am worried that I didn't reset the values to default properly before I uninstalled it. I know that Intel XTU stores settings in the BIOS. How do I reinstate the default settings for the machine? Do I need to reinstall the BIOS to clear any left over settings or do I only need to reset the CMOS? And how do I confirm that they have been reset afterwards?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello SSmit87,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community Forums.

Please, provide me with the specific CPU/processor model installed in your Laptop.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Deepak2002
Beginner

Intel core i5 10210u and intel UHD graphics, please tell how to factory reset the overclocked values.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Deepak2002 Your "U" processor is not supported by XTU.  Only X and K processors are supported.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello SSmit87,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
SSmit87
Beginner
The CPU in my laptop is an i9-9880H
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello SSmit87,

Thank you for the information.

Intel®️ Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel®️ XTU) is supported on Desktop, High-End Mobile and High-End Desktop (HEDT) Platforms

For this specific processor intel(R) Core (TM) i9-9880H the XTU has not been validated, meaning This processor is built-in on an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) device and our capabilities in this situation are limited.

However, if you installed the software and want to completely remove it, please check the website Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, you will find How do I completely uninstall Intel Extreme Tuning Utility? and more useful information.

Our recommendation is to contact the OEM and check with them if you need to reset the BIOS and the proper instructions to do it. Also, check for appropriate drivers/software as well as installation instructions.

Best regards,

Maria R.