Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14500 Discussions

Hi, I am having trouble finding the thermal and mechanical design specifications for the lga2066 socket. I need information such as the socket dimensions, stackup heights, min/max spring force of heatsink load, etc. Thanks!

KCarp4
Beginner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello KCarp4

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check further your request, could you please confirm the following details?

1- What would be the purpose of your inquiry? Are you developing or designing hardware and/or software?

2- Kindly provide more details explaining what you are trying to achieve:

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
KCarp4
Beginner

Hi Andrew, thanks for replying!

1. Hardware, I am developing a CPU cooler.
  2. I need to know the keep out zones, height of the CPU off the board, min/max spring force needed to be applied by heatsink load, etc., to ensure the cooling solution fits and satisfies Intel requirements.

Usually, this information can be found in a 'thermal and mechanical design guide' for the socket, e.g., I can find that corresponding document for 115x. However, I cannot find a guide for the 2066 socket. Does this document exist for the lga2066 socket?

Thanks!

Katie

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello KCarp4

Thank you for your response.

In this case, since you are developing a CPU cooler and regarding your inquiry about existence and/or availability for this Thermal and Mechanical Design Guide, we recommend you to address this inquiry to our Intel® Resource & Design Center where you can find technical documentation, software, tools, and support you need to design and build with Intel® products.

Resource & Design Center: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html#

You may need to register and create an account to have access to those resources.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos