Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Hi! I have a problem with my computer ,games that i play are choppy,they are not smooth.XB271HU monitor and gtx 1080 graphics with 9900KF.I asked for help on nvidia forum.There GreyBear was telling me that the CPU power is the problem.He wrote this :

CBena2
Beginner

The CPU appears to be a Fixed x35 ratio, but has a periodic drop to x8 Problem is that this is 3.6GHz BASE CPU with a BOOST to 5GHz CPU and its being limited to 3.5GHz The CPU Core VID does not really change based on the load. Now in the Event its not supposed to because of the x35 ratio, its not really High enough. its .9xxx and IMO, should be 1.3xx.

He wrote this based on the data i sent him captured with HWinfo64 3D mark Firestrike Speccy CPUz.I have measured the PSU(bequiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1200W) outputs p8/p4 12V with and without cables .So my question what limiting my cpu power?Thank you! Sorry for my English.

Motherboard is MSI Z390 MEG ACE ,memory HyperX Predator HX430C15PB3K2/32

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

CBena2, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, we will need to check some details about the BIOS of the motherboard.

First of all, make sure the BIOS is up to date, I looked in MSI's web site and the latest version available in there is 7B12v17, please install it:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MEG-Z390-ACE

Also, make sure that the BIOS is using the default settings values as well.

There is an option called Intel® Speedstep® Technology, what it basically does is allow the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency, decreasing average power consumption and heat production:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007073/processors.html

If that option is available in the BIOS, that might be the reason why the power is limited, we will need to check if that option is enabled/disabled and if it makes a difference in the performance of the Intel® Core™ i9-9900KF Processor.

In order to get the instructions of how to follow the steps above, please get in contact directly with MSI for them to provide the information needed, also make sure that the Intel® Turbo Boost Technology feature is enabled in the BIOS:

https://us.msi.com/support

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello CBena2, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello CBena2, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos