Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Hi, I have an Intel Core i5 - 9400f. I Have recently came across its specs, and I have noticed that its "Max Turbo Frequency" is 4.10Ghz. I would like to know how to get to that processor speed. thank you

EAlha2
Beginner

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The processor will automatically boost its speed when needed.

Doc

0 Kudos
EAlha2
Beginner

Thank you, if this indeed does work, when I go to my processor specs on the task manager, should I see my Ghz going up from 2.90 to 4.10?​

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

We regularly have folks coming here complaining that they never see the highest clock speed. Folks don't seem to understand that the highest rate is only going to be achieved in those rare cases where only a single Core is active (and hence the reason why I always start by pointing people to these papers). They think that running a heavy-duty benchmark test of some sort should cause this maximum to happen, but this is actually the worst-case scenario! The test will make *all* of the Cores busy and this flat out stops Turbo from ever being activated. Bottom line, you should see the boosting occurring and higher clock rates being achieved, but it is rare to see the highest rate occurring.

...S

0 Kudos