Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Hi So, my issue is on CSGO i have FPS drops i asked to nvidia who told me that the problem came from my processor, so is there a way to optimized it or to optimize the game on this processor ? If someone has a solution Sorry for my english i'm french

nPern
Beginner

Firts my config : 

- I7-4790K (refresh by be quiet pure rock slim) 

- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 3

- GTX 1070 Aorus Gigabyte

- 16Gb DDR3 HyperX

OS on SSD

there is no difference if i have all graphics to max lvl or minimum lvl i tried to install again, to update the drivers, to uninstall and install the game, i tried to install it on the SSD, i tried to use the 1070 for the physix processor. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So, I am curious: Did NVIDIA actually back up that assertion (i.e. with some sort of testing of your machine) or is this one of their baloney (not the word I wanted to use) "Oh, it can't be OUR fault" responses?

If it makes you more comfortable, feel free to post your questions in your native language. We have translators we can use. You can do the same to read our English responses.

...S

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello nPern,

Thank you for contacting Intel.

I understand you have FPS drops. Poor or FPS drops can be caused by different reasons, not just the processor or graphics card. Please check the tips below:

1. Disable background applications – Running multiple applications during gaming can impact the FPS drops and performance. I’d highly recommend you to stop startup programs and close unnecessary background applications in task manager (ctrl + shift + Esc).
  2. Make sure you have the latest driver provided by the Original Equipment Manufacturer of the Graphics Card.
  3. Use an optimal resolution – We recommend you to have the recommended settings for the game for better performance since increasing the resolution will negatively impact on your FPS.
  4. Go to the power options and make sure the CPU is at High Performance. Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Preferred Plans > High performance.

I noticed that other users are experiencing the same issue with a similar system environment; you can go ahead and check it to see the different tested workarounds that might help you.

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/135512305396403898/

You can also check this third party link, with recommended game settings that will help you increasing the performance of CS:GO.

Link: https://prosettings.net/cs-go-best-settings-options-guide/

*NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Also, as previously advised by n.scott.person, we only provide English support, so, you can post in your native language and we can use the translation tool and you can do it as well for our English answers.

Hope this helps!

Oscar A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello nPern,

I'd like to know if you were able to fix the issue with the troubleshooting steps provided.

Regards,

Oscar A.

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello nPern,

Please contact us back if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Oscar A.

0 Kudos