Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

Hi guys, what's the max core voltage you recommend for Intel® Core™ i5-9400F ?

jOtaDasFestas
Beginner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

jOtaDasFestas, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, we actually do not recommend to alter clock frequency or voltage since it may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications.

In the following link you will see the range of voltage values for the Intel® Core™ i5-9400F Processor among some other details about the unit, how much you can alter those values it will be at your own risk, please verify page 117:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/core/8th-gen-core-family-datasheet-vol-1.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

jOtaDasFestas, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, we actually do not recommend to alter clock frequency or voltage since it may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications.

In the following link you will see the range of voltage values for the Intel® Core™ i5-9400F Processor among some other details about the unit, how much you can alter those values it will be at your own risk, please verify page 117:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/core/8th-gen-core-family-datasheet-vol-1.html

Regards,

Albert R.

jOtaDasFestas
Beginner

Hi Albert i'm grateful for your answer.

so from what i read the max value for this kind processor (6core) is 1.52v ? Correct ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi jOtaDasFestas, You are very welcome.

Yes, that is correct, the max value for the Intel® Core™ i5-9400F Processor is 1.52v.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos