Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

Hi, my laptop has been crashing all the time. I run the I. processor D. tool and fails on prime number..

DEste5
Beginner

Intel core i7-4510U CPU 2.00GHz

Asus X550LD

Diagnostic tool report:

Module Math_PrimeNum.exe Completed - Fail

No valid errorcode returned

Error Code -1

The problem is that now it went off like freezing then after a few minutes return

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You likely have an overheating problem.

Contact Asus on how to check the fan and any heatsink for proper operation.

Doc

0 Kudos
DEste5
Beginner

Hello,

I've download the "CPUID HW monitor " to see if the temperature was high or not... and it stays always below the 60*C So I think is not a matter of overeating ( from my perspective).

I also check that the drive activity display near to the touchpad ( when the laptop is accessing the internal storage drives) when the computer frieze that light is not showing anything... so is like I have just a monitor showing a pic...

I try to run the memory analyzer and nothing appear to be bad. I went to the reliability report history and it's like an apocalypticCapture.PNG. Every day a app stop working and needs to be restart ...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, what version of Windows 10? 1909?

Doc

0 Kudos
DEste5
Beginner

My first coment on this was from that tool.

Today I change User and well it's a little faster... but it's stops anyway. I run the Tool again but on this user and it went a little further...

Capturar.PNG

About the windowns version.. how can I know that? It just says "windows home 10" 64bits

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello DEste5, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the problem persists and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello DEste5, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DEste5
Beginner

Hello Albert,

Thank you for your follow up. I didn't receive any notification about your first reply.

So, last friday I've downloaded an update driver software, and after a few updates the computer it's running OK again without crashing

Do you know why is that? or have any Idea ? The drivers weren't very old max since 2019/2018

The system is still failing on the prime number teste (intel processor diagnostic ) , it went a little further but it is failing anyway...

Thank you for feedback

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello DEste5, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that after the updates the computer, is running with no problems. In reference to your question about why that happened, it is hard to tell for sure, but for the good functionality of the equipment, it is always recommended to keep the drivers and Windows* up to date.

Just to let you know, the Intel® Core™ i7-4510U Processor should pass the Intel® Processor Diagnostics Tool test without failing the "Prime Number" section, so in this case, what we recommend is to get in contact directly with ASUS for them to provide further assistance on this matter and confirm if this might be a hardware problem:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DEste5
Beginner
Thank you for your support. I will reach asus and then provide here an update
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello DEste5, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those details.

Great, that will be the next thing to do for this specific scenario.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos