Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

High CPU usage

Kragier
Novice

I have a problem with the Core i7-7700 processor in the task manager shows me the high load capacity of the processor, I do not know how to deal with it. I scanned the entire disk with antivirus for viruses, bitcoin miners and found nothing. He has such a problem as soon as I start the computer. Therefore, the load capacity should be kept at a low level.

1050x0x1.jpg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Kragier,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Model of motherboard and RAM
  2. Did you overclock the processor?
  3. Did you enable Intel® XMP? If so, which frequency were you using?
  4. When did the issue start happening?
  5. Have you gotten any error codes or BSODs?
  6. Screenshot of task manager under the performance tab.

Also, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Kragier
Novice

Hello Josue O

- My motherboard is B150M PRO-VDH, Ballistix Ballistix Sport RAM, DDR3, 8 GB, 1600MHz, CL9

- I did not turn on Intel® XMP

I formatted the disks and uploaded windows from scratch, so far I have improved, maybe it is deceptive but at the moment it looks like everything is fine

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Kraiger, 

Thank you for the information provided, I am glad to hear that after reinstalling Windows* the issue seems to be solved. I will be following up on Friday just to check if everything is working fine. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Kragier
Novice

Also thank you for your time and willingness to help.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Kraiger, 

I was following up to check if the issue has returned or if it has been working without any issues. 

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Kraiger, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos