Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14510 Discussions

High temp around 98 degree Cel. continuously for a minute in 11th gen 1135g7 processor. Is it Safe?

Nikhilnik
Novice

I have bought new laptop Dell Inspiron 3501. My processor is 11th gen 1135g7 base clock@2.4Ghz. Now when i render videos through softwares then my temp reaches to 98 degree celcius and continue to run at that temperature for one minute. After that fan kicks very fast any my temps down to around 85 and run for next 3 minutes at that temp to complete render. The speed never throttle to cool down processor more. Now my ques is : 

1. Is it safe????

2. Will it going to damage my motherboard????

3. In idle condition my processor temps are around 45-48 degree. Is it good for this ????? (My surrounding temps around 27 degree C

Screenshot (108).png)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Nikhilnik, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, just to let you know, the T-junction of the Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor is 100°C, which means that any temperature degree lower than that value is considered normal and expected for this unit.

"Is it safe????"

Will it going to damage my motherboard????"

As long as the Intel® Processor does not reach a temperature level higher than 100°C and that the laptop is not throttling, freezing, or going off by itself, it should be safe and it should not damage your board.

"In idle condition my processor temps are around 45-48 degree. Is it good for this ????? (My surrounding temps around 27 degree C"

Yes, those temperature values are perfectly normal and expected for this unit.

Now, in order to rule out a possible problem with the Intel® Processor, we recommend to run the Intel® Processor Diagnostics Tool, it does an overall test on the unit and if it passes the test it means it is working properly:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Also, you can always also use the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility to monitor the temperature of the Intel® Processor in real-time:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29183/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

It is important to emphasize, that if you noticed any of the overheating symptoms described above(throttling, freezing, or going off by itself), to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the laptop, since they assemble all the parts on the computer they will be able to do a physical inspection on the system to make sure that all the components in it are working properly, including the cooling solution they installed:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Additionally, to check the system requirements of the software that you are using for rendering is also a good thing to do to make sure your platform complies with them.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Nikhilnik
Novice

I have already downloaded and installed intel extreme tuning utility but unable to open it as it says unable to start Intel extreme tuning utility because the drivers are not present. I don't know what driver it needs, also I have fully updated my Windows Update.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Nikhilnik, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Yes, the reason why the Intel® XTU is not working is because there are some customizations on your laptop done by the manufacturer of it that it is preventing the application to launch, the cause could be related to your system detecting the Intel® XTU as a primary tool to do overclocking or if it has a pre-install software that also monitors the temperatures of the processor. It is important to mention that while doing rendering it is expected for the temperatures to increase a lot since it is a highly demanding task and uses many of the resources of the system.

So, in this case, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the computer to verify if they have their own tool to check the temperatures levels, to make sure the BIOS, operating system, and drivers on your platform are up to date and also, if you keep seeing the Intel® Processor getting overheated, to confirm if there is a physical inspection that might be needed to rule out a possible hardware problem with a component in your device, such as the cooling solution:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos