Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

High temperature, Processor E7600

idata
Employee

Hello,

I bought an E7600 processor about 4 months ago and installed it. I installed a utility given along with my motherboard (Asus P5Q SE PLUS) that measures the temperature of the CPU. When idle it measures the temperature around 45 C. When I open a game or any other heavy application the temperature reaches 95 C! I' ve checked many times if the fan is correctly installed on the CPU. I've built my PC on my own and updated it many times the last 6 years. I've never had a problem like this before. I run the Intel Processor ID utility about a month ago and it measured the speed for both cores 3.06. Today I run it again and it's 1.59. Is it damaged from the heat or there's something else wrong? If it was damaged wouldn't it stop working completely? Microsoft's win7 Experience Index rating, rates the CPU the same as before, but I don't trust microsoft...

Sorry for any mistakes in my English.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

The difference is normal . Thats just the Intel speed step working , when the is no damand it throttles back to save energy. The temps are high even under a heavy load you should not see 50C with a good cooler.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for answering! I'll try a new cooler anyway to decrease the max temperature just to be on the safe side because in the E7600 information sheet gives maxT as 75C. Thank you again!

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

If your going for a new cooler , look at the cousair H-50 or H70 , I have both they work great .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Try active silver adhesive between the fan and the processor. I had the same problem. After active silver compound, the temperature is a lot lower and stays around 40 degree celsius and increase to not more than 60 degree celsius when running big programs.

0 Kudos