Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

Higher VID voltage while low frequency state, lower VID voltage while high frequency state

idata
Employee

According to coretemp software, my N3060 Braswell series SoC increases VID to 1.48V-1.57V when 800-900 MHz(%1 CPU load) but decreases down to 1.22V when it is 2.4GHz(%100 CPU load).

What even stranger thing is, when laptop is boot up fresh, it will stay at 0.8V. Then I try some software to increase load on cpu and igpu, it stucks like I said above.

This is a laptop, Acer(Packard Bell) Easynote ENTG81BA with N3060 Intel© Celeron© Processor .

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

I forgot to say that I applied latest bios from its support page. 1.18 from 1.16. But same behavior persists.

I tried furmark to stress igpu, temp goes to 73 Celcius Degrees and cpu loads cannot make it to that high temperatures. I think voltages don't really heat it or coretemp is wrong.

If all is about Vdroop, and if VRM apply constant voltage always, how will it save battery energy?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Tugrul_8192bit,

Have you tried using a different tool?

Can you check if your BIOS shows the core temperatures?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I checked with CPU-Z and that shows right voltages I think. Even turbo has only 0.960 V. 1600MHz = 0.740V, 880MHz=0.530V This must be the ultra low voltage range.

Coretemp is showing wrong voltages.

I tried some heavy opecl loads and inner cores rised to 85°C and Tjunction was 73°C. This is laptop so I'm looking at Tjunction which has no problem until 90°C right? N3060 SoC can sustain performance until 89.999 °C am I right?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The core voltage for your processor is 0.5v minimum and 1.3v maximum, see table 21-5 http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/pentium-celeron-n-series-datasheet-vol-1.pdf http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/pentium-celeron-n-series-datasheet-vol-1.pdf, any parameter under that range is considered expected.

Right, 89.999°C is fine. Bear in mind that the TJUNCTION for your processor is 90°C, and just like mentioned before any temp under that limit is fine and it should behave as normal.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, you're welcome.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos