Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

How Do I get the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to Work?

JDunc2
Beginner

HP Ultrabook 4-1030us, Core I5, Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit, Followed instructions including the FAQ Troubleshooting.  ​I have attached the two requested files.  Problems started originally when W7 would hang on shutdown and after long pause, it would reboot.  After logging back in, it would say that Windows was recovering from something like a improper shutdown.  We also installed Intel Management Engine Interface Driver SP56720 tonight as well.  I don't know if this fixed it or not, but I still cannot get the Driver & Support Assistant to work.  We have BitDefender Total Security and we have just finished a full system scan w/o and problems.  We have used CCleaner after the shutdown problems started but it was to no avail.  I also rebooted several times after the last install attempt and that did not help either.  Thank you for any help you can offer.  Best Wishes, Jay Duncan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JDunc2,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

Please try with the steps below: 

Uninstall the existing Intel® DSA tool in the system with the Uninstaller tool

• Download and install the latest Intel® DSA version from here

• Double-click "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Installer.exe" to run the setup program

• Read and agree to the license terms and conditions

• Select "Install"

• Click the "Launch" button.

The tray icon starts and automatically opens default browser.

If this does not help, please get in contact with your system manufacturer and ask them if they have a driver utility you can use, remember that it is always recommended to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturers first since they may have customized it to work with your system.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JDunc2,

Were you able to check my previous post?

Let me know if you need more assitance.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JDunc2,

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos