Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

How To Get MODDED Drivers For Windows Vista x64 For A Dell Inspiron 5570 With Intel(R) Dual Band Wir

LoveWindowsVistaLook

Where Can I Get Drivers For Windows Vista x64 For A Dell Inspiron 5570 With Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 And Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 Both 8th Generation And Others Because Windows Vista Is Not Officially Supported?

Specifications For Inspiron 5570:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz (shows up on device manager so i don't think i need driver for that)

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 (need driver for that)

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 (need driver for that)

1 TB SSD (it automatically got driver for it so it works fine)

12 GB RAM/Memory (it automatically got driver for it so it works fine)

Laptop

Intel(R) ICH8M-E/ICH9M-E SATA RAID Controller (it automatically got driver for it so it works fine)

Intel Wireless Bluetooth (Need driver for that)

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (got driver for that)

Intel(R) Display Audio (it automatically got driver for it so it works fine)

DVD Drive (it automatically got driver for it so it works fine)

Touchscreen (need driver for that)

If i get the WiFi driver working then i could use one of the driver updater/downloader to get the rest of the drivers. I tried a couple of offline driver updater but the gave either the wrong driver or one for a newer operating system. I tried driver for windows 7 and up but they didn't work. i even opened some of the driver for windows 7 and up with 7zip and manually install them with device manager but they also didn't work. USB ports don't work so i use the windows 7 partition to get driver to try an then reboot to the windows vista partition and try to use them, that's my only method of transporting file to it. DOES ANYONE HAVE A MODDED DRIVER OR A METHOD TO WORK AROUND TO GET THOSE PESKY DRIVERS?!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

I just checked and neither Intel nor Dell offer drivers for Windows Vista for those hardware components... There is no support for Windows vista:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005526/graphics.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005602/wireless/legacy-intel-wireless-products.html

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5570-laptop/drivers

Why are you trying to run such as old and insecure OS?

Probably, the reason those "drivers" you found and tried to install don't work maybe is because Intel never published a Windows Vista driver for it... so they are either "developed or tweaked" by no official channels/staff... or just wrong drivers...

0 Kudos
LoveWindowsVistaLook

Thats why i am asking if you know of a way for me or someone else to do it or if someone already did it or some workaround or some other ideas from experts!!!

i have windows Vista, 7, 8.1, 10, 11 on partitions and i have drivers for all but Windows vista. the reason i want to run vista is for fun/experimenting Plus its pretty and works just as fast as windows 7 with servicepack 1 & 2 & microsoft .net runtime 4.6 (even though it has no graphics driver)!!!!!
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

In addition to @megan3000 comments, only Windows 10 is supported on 7th gen and later processors.  Microsoft's rule, not Intel's.

There is no reason to even be attempting to run Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8.x on your hardware.   Please, no stories about how you have a special application that only runs on Vista.   Install W10 and be happy. 

Also, do not be afraid to release the CAPS LOCK.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
LoveWindowsVistaLook

i have windows Vista, 7, 8.1, 10, 11 on partitions and i have drivers for all but Windows vista. the reason i want to run vista is for fun/experimenting Plus its pretty and works just as fast as windows 7 with servicepack 1 & 2 & microsoft .net runtime 4.6 (even though it has no graphics driver)!!!!!

0 Kudos