Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

How can I identify if my I3 is faulty?

idata
Employee

My computer is not booting, actually there is no image on the monitor or screen when turning on the computer. I don't use any video card. My mother board is showing some called "phase led" all of them turned on when I am trying to turn on the computer, but they last for ever and I dont even receive the bios screen.

How can I confirm if my I3 is faulty already or my motherboard?

5 Replies
idata
Employee

Find either a working mobo or CPU - then you can easily understand what component doesn't work for you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I know that is the easiest way, but unfortunatelly I don't sell computers, so I don't have any motherboard or cpu in my hand to do the replace test..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Actually, it might be your RAM. I have an ASUS P7H55-M PRO mobo and it was similar to yours for a while. I also thought the processor must be fried. However, I was eventually able to get it running by putting in only one RAM stick and booting, though it would always bluescreen. I found out my RAM was incompatible and ordered some from the list of approved RAM in the mobo manual and everything runs perfect now.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It is difficult to find the right answer to the question if details about the system is not provided. So, can you please provide the information about your system?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, the story ended by using the warranty still valid of the parts vendors, so I started with the component with most probabilities of having the problem: the Mother board.. And by my fortune, it was. They told me the CPU socket had to be replaced..