Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14504 Discussions

How can i overclocking Intel core i5-4670k cpu @ 3.40ghz haswell with motherboard GIGABYTE Z97-D3H?

HYous2
Beginner

I have motherboard GIGABYTE Z97-D3H and my processor is Intel core i5-4670k cpu @ 3.40ghz haswell and i want to safely overclocking but i don't know how..... anyone can help....?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, you certainly do not contact Intel for the answer to this question. Despite the fact that Intel sells processors (like this one) that have the margin to support overclocking and despite the fact that Intel offers (one-time) insurance for damage to processors caused by overclocking, Intel does not support or condone overclocking and Intel will not help you do so. Yea, it is a confusing mixed message, I know. Regardless, if you want to do this, you need to be talking to folks at one (or more) of the overclockers forums (like www.overclockers.com). Some have cookbooks that will help you implement overclocking. You might even find something that is specific to your motherboard's BIOS. You can also contact the Customer Support desk for your motherboard's manufacturer or post questions in their support forums.

...S