Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

How can we stop surveillance from Intel (https://www.fsf.org/blogs/sysadmin/the-management-engine-an-attack-on-computer-users-freedom)?

Parker
Beginner

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You are worried about the Intel ME, and not Windows 10, or Google, or Facetube, or your cell phone?

Doc

0 Kudos
Parker
Beginner

Also, Intel is in the first stage, whatever I install insecure is less insecure than Intel according to a security chain

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Please face reality, and rid yourself of the paranoia.

Doc

0 Kudos
Parker
Beginner

Is this a technical answer? This seems a technical forum

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What technical answer do you want? Ask a technical question instead of posting some link to paranoid drivel.

And, as I asked, are you not concerned about windows 10, google, facetube, or your phone? Are you not concerned about alexa or siri?

Technical question? Post one in the appropriate forum. If you want to engage in nonsensical paranoid drivel, there are plenty of other forums on the web.

And, like I said, face reality.

Doc (no longer following this thread as it is a waste of time)

0 Kudos
Parker
Beginner

Something that is not detectable, nor removable (also think it about nano-meter technology) embedded in a processor, what kind of technical question do you need?

Also, I answered your question, showed you google and microsoft forum questions I posted as well. Is not this an evidence of concern?

This is like "spit and run away" since you reply and no longer following this thread.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Parker,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities and for sharing your concerns.

It is worth mentioning that all modern Intel® systems have Intel® Management Engine and it cannot be disabled.

For questions or concerns on security please kindly refer to the Intel® Security Center:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/security-center/default.html

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel