Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

How does one use Intel's ISH (integrated sensor hub) interface?

MAllw
Beginner

I am interested in exploiting the integrated sensor hub on my single board computer (an Up Core). However, it is unclear as to what parts I can use and whether the drivers for this hardware already exist in the Linux kernel. As I understand, the ISH is a module on the SoC which consists of dedicated co-processor. I can also see on the expansion header that I have the following signals available: ISH_I2C_DATA, ISH_I2C_CLOCK, and ISH_GPIO[7..0].

In the Linux kernel, I believe this interface may be supported via the HID Sensors Framework, which takes care of downloading firmware and making the readings from the sensors available through Linux's IIO subsystem. The framework is used by several drivers which mostly seem to have been written by Intel.

So my question is, how can I leverage this collection of sensors and drivers in a custom application?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @MAllw​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Could you please clarify if this forum is related to a design developed by you or a third- party one? 

In case that it is a third-party device, could you please inform the name of the manufacturer, its model, the part number, and where its documentation is stated?

On the other hand, could you please give pictures of the top side markings of the processors associated to this thread?

We are waiting for your reply to these questions.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
MAllw
Beginner
This is for a single board computer that I am developing. The design is based on the Atom X5 Z8350.
0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @MAllw​:

Thanks for your reply.

The Intel Atom(R) x5-Z8350 Processor is an non-embedded device as you may confirm at the following website:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/93361/intel-atom-x5-z8350-processor-2m-cache-up-to-1-92-ghz.html

Due to this fact, this thread has been transferred to the proper forum category.

The team in charge of this channel will contact you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos