Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

How does the PC keep writing logs in XTU when I have no XTU installed?

LenD
Beginner

As the title says I recently threw away 17GB of logs from a programm "Intel Extreme Tuning Utility"

I do not have such a programm installed on my PC yet it kept writing logs. After searching through this forum I installed it just to check if I can uncheck "Enable Telemetry Data Collection" in the settings, but I could not find any setting like that in the current version under the advanced options tab.

After I uninstalled the programm again it still writes a log file after each restart. However the only thing that gets noted is this:

"2019/08/19-09:55:08.7379|!ERR] System info connection was null

2019/08/19-09:55:08.7379|!ERR] System info connection was null

2019/08/19-09:55:13.7451|!ERR] System info connection was null

2019/08/19-09:55:13.7451|!ERR] System info connection was null" and so forth.

How can I disable the program from writing logs all together and is it linked to some other program I might have installed? Asus AI Suite maybe?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is the model number of your laptop or motherboard?

What is the processor model number?

What operating system? Windows 10? What version? 1903?

Doc

0 Kudos
LenD
Beginner

Hey,

here are some more Infos:

CPU is an overclocked i7 6700k running on 4.5Ghz

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1903

Build: 18362.295

Motherboard is Asus Maximus VIII Hero

16GB RAM

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello LenD,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

In order to Uninstall Intel® XTU please access Apps in the settings, search for it and uninstall it. 

Also, the following: 

- Delete any folder named Intel® XTU from these locations: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel", "C:\ProgramData\Intel".

- Delete the folder named "Intel® Intel Telemetry" under “C:\ProgramData:”.

I hope this helps.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
LenD
Beginner

Hey David thanks for the response,

I did find a "XTU.msi" under programs, after uninstalling it I was able to delete the logs folder briefly.

After a restart the pc writes those logs again. I cannot find any program installed related to that software/datapath.

As shown in the pictures these are all the running intel programs in my task manager and the searches for the program itself.

Intel_01.png

Intel_02.pngIntel_03.pngWhen I open the mentioned application path those are the files I see.Intel_04.png

And if I try to delete the folder as proposed I get an error message saying the folder/Datas in the folder is/are currently in use.

Where can I access this program and can I get rid of it. Over the years this program produced so much datawaste.

Intel_05.png

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello LenD,

Thank you for your response.

I was checking your motherboard manufacturer's website and I was able to find an Intel ® Extreme Tuning Utility version Asus*-specific. Please download this version, try disabling the "Enable Telemetry Data Collection"(while Intel® XTU is running, go to settings in the upper right corner > "Advanced Options" tab) to see if the logs still affect it. 

Refer to the link below:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

* Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. *

I hope this helps.

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello LenD,

Were you able to check my previous suggestion?

Please let me know if this worked for you. 

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello LenD,

Please contact us back if you need more assistance.

Regards, 

David V

0 Kudos