Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

How to achieve Max 2TB memory with Xeon Platinum 9282

HyeongTak
Beginner

Sorry to make another dumb question about memory size.

Xeon Platinum 9282 comes with max 2TB memory size, max 12 channels, 2 dimms per channel, which means max 24 dimms per socket. Hence I did a simple calculations, (2TB / 24) = 85.3 (GB/dimm). AFAIK, one ddr4 dimm can have 64GB maximum.

How is it possible? Does this have to do with supporting 3DXP based memory module of Cascade Lake? Or is there any other way to achieve max 2TB size by normal ddr4 dimms?

Thank you for your help in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello HyeongTak

Thank you for joining the community.

We are looking the correct documentation for better answer your question. In the meantime can you tell where did you see the max RAM size of 2TB? Looking at both the ark.intel.com and the official Xeon Platinum websites I was not able to see the max RAM size though.

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello HyeongTak,

I am just following up to double check if you were able to gather the requested information. Otherwise let us know if you require more time to accomplish this.

If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as resolved.

This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello HyeongTak,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Jose A.

0 Kudos