Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14534 Discussions

How to buy new Xeon E3-1260L v5 processor?

EDura5
Beginner

Hello. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but how/where can I buy a new Xeon E3-1260L v5 processor? I've looked everywhere online, and all I can find are used/refurb units.

The specification page (https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88175/intel-xeon-processor-e3-1260l-v5-8m-cache-2-90-ghz.html) doesn't say it's discontinued so I'd please like to know if there's a way I can get it. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Since it is from 2015, you will likely find only used processors. As far as refurb, I have never understood how sellers can say "refurbed" in reference to a processor or memory (except that they wiped off the thermal paste or dust or fingerprints). If it is not for sale on retail sites or distributors, then you have to settle for used, and take your chances.

Doc

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi Eric,

I hope the information provided by Hill was informative.

Please if you have any other question, do no hesitate and let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Emeth O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hi Eric, Due to the fact that I have not recieved any outcome from your end, I will proceed and close this thread If you have any other question, please do not hesitate and contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos