Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

How to delete all L1, 2, 3 caches and CPU registers?

chlyde
Beginner
I heard it can be done at command line but can't find it on Google. So, I'm asking Intel here. How do I at the command-line free up the L1, 2, 3 caches and release all of the CPU registers? Thanks ,8 )_
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @chlyde

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review further this inquiry, could you please confirm the following details?

1- The model/SKU of your Intel® Processor related to this request:

2- Operating System running on the computer (including version/build number):

3- Why are you looking for this information? What are you trying to achieve?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
chlyde
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

referring to the need to know how to delete all cache registers on the cpu :

a few months ago my best computer i ever had ( just started using ) got infected.  I bought it from ebay, cheap. I don't know the sku but it was a :

~2012 quadCore ~2.5ghz, possible 12or6 MB cache (~L3)

I had only been running it for about 3 weeks and WindowDefender went nuts saying 'wacatac.B!ml' was trying to take over my computer.  I disconnected that computer and connected my old laptop which got infected in less than a minute (via modem NIC) i think.  i tried to reinstall windows; it keeps coming back, which makes me think it's storing itself in static memory And on my Modem (NIC being tracked and infecting anything connected to the infected modem).

It's such a great little computer for the price i paid for it, i want to try to CLEAR IT OUT (not static memory left uncleaned)

I want to delete all static memory in the computer including GPU or little chips on the motherboard that hold memory.  Do you have any guidance that will help me toward this aim?  thanks chlyde

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello chlyde

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello chlyde

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos