Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
11846 Discussions

How to find the voltage and current for each frequency configuration on Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz?

AKoko
Beginner

Hello, I am currently using the DVFS technique to perform computational sprinting for applications. It is essential though, to know the power consumption for each frequency configuration of my processor. However I can not find the voltage and current that match each frequency configuration. My processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz and I am using a Linux 3.8.0-44-generic Ubuntu distribution, if that provides any further help.

I would be grateful if you could provide me any help about the opperational performance points of my processor.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Foufoutos,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you with a response, as I mentioned before I work for Intel Customer Support so I took the detailed information that you sent me on a Private Message to justify this request and I went up to the engineering level and the answer I got from them is that the information that you are requesting is Intel Confidential and it cannot be shared with customers.

Based on that, I wont be able to help you with this request but please let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Regards,

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You may want to check page 95 here: https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/2nd-gen-core-family-mobile-vol-1-datashe... 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Mobile Processor Datasheet, Vol. 1

AKoko
Beginner

First of all, thank you for your reply. The Datasheet does not solve my problem precisely, since I need the Voltage and Current values that match each frequency configuration in order to calculate the power. Do you have any further recommendations on how I can ready the state (voltage and frequency) of my machine for the different frequencies, or is there any datasheet involving such values?

Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Foufoutos,

I am with Intel Customer Support and I am trying to locate this information for you or address your request in the correct direction but I cannot promise anything as this maybe under restricted access.

Could you provide me with more details? Is this a business or an individual project? How many systems are involved? What is the purpose of the project?

You can send me a private message or you can call our Support Center and create a Service Ticket if you don't want this information to be disclosed in this forum.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

Thanks,

Miguel_C_Old
Employee

Hi Foufoutos,

I have escalated your case to our engineer department. We will give you an update very soon.

Regards,

Mike C
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Foufoutos,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you with a response, as I mentioned before I work for Intel Customer Support so I took the detailed information that you sent me on a Private Message to justify this request and I went up to the engineering level and the answer I got from them is that the information that you are requesting is Intel Confidential and it cannot be shared with customers.

Based on that, I wont be able to help you with this request but please let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Regards,

View solution in original post

DRodo
Beginner

Dear Intel community,

I have a similar issue with identifying the voltages that correspond to the P-states of my processor (Xeon 3470). Given the similarity, I believe my question is quite in-line with the current thread.

As I have read in Intel documentation [1] the p-states are actually pairs of frequencies and voltages, rather than a sole frequency value (per state). However, the DVFS driver of my system (Ubuntu OS with acpi-cpufreq driver for DVFS) is not exposing voltage information per core and per state. In that sense, I would like to check whether the available frequency-voltage pairs can be derived from any Intel documentation.

Given that I would like to have a valid power metric for my work, it is important that I have access to *both* frequency and *voltage* of each core's p-state.

I would like to thank you for your time.

Cheers,

--

drodo

[1] https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2008/05/29/what-exactly-is-a-p-state-pt-1 https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2008/05/29/what-exactly-is-a-p-state-pt-1

Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Drodo,

Please refer to my previous reply, unfortunately this information is Intel Confidential and cannot be disclosed.

Regards,