Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

How to fix BSODs

PNowl
Beginner

Recently I have been having blue screen crashes during gaming. This was a problem for me a while ago so I tried reinstalling windows which helped for a while but the problem has now come back. The majority of the BSODs have said WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR; pointing to hardware as the issue. I am trying to determine if it is my CPU, RAM, or GPU causing the problems. I have tried testing my PC using the intel processor diagnostic tool. However when the test reaches the "math" part the test causes my computer to BSOD.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

First, get different memory and try that.

GPU? Are you using an nvidia or amd gpu?

What is your processor model number?

Doc

0 Kudos
PNowl
Beginner

I have run the onboard memory diagnostic which found no issues and am currently running memtest. It has passed 12 or the 13 tests with no errors on the first run through. The 13th test, hammer test, has been running for a while though and has not yet found issues. Unfortunately I do not have any other memory sticks.

I have a Nvidia gpu, 1080 ti.

My processor is Intel® Core™ Processor i7-7820X Eight-Core 3.6GHz 11MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2066 (Quad Channels) [+110]

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Onboard memory diagnostic? That is not what I asked. Memory tests can be and are frequently bad. Try different memory. If you do not have some, get some. Debugging is not a convenience issue.

Since you do not have processor graphics, try another nvidia or amd card.

Have you been overclocking? If so, reset all bios parameters to default.

And, you may want to try another power supply.

What is the model number of your motherboard?

Doc

0 Kudos
mdibu2007
Beginner

Informative Thanks

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Testing the system before you add some link bait spam later?

Doc

0 Kudos