Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11680 Discussions

How to fix ESRV.EXE Application Error 0xc0000142

Cosmin
Beginner

SO I decided to update today from intel site driver update.. and quess what... Now I'm stuck with this error... and I get it every 20 minutes or 30 minutes!! I hate it ...... I never have this problem... I search on internet all day! I didn't find any solution! I tryed to install reinstall and delete many other things... nothing work's! what should I dooo please!? I hate this ERROR at least tell me how to turn off the error... even if it's can't fix it... please!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What operating system? Windows 10? What version of Windows 10? 1809? Other?

What is your processor model number?

Are you a laptop or desktop? Provide the model number and manufacturer of your device.

Doc

Cosmin
Beginner

WINDOWS 10! my processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @3.40GHz 3.41 GHz!! 64-bit Operating System 64-based processor!!! DESKTOP-V4UIPCC ! If you need any other things tell me! I watched on youtube for a fix ESRV.EXE Application Error 0xc0000142 problem.. nothing work!!! I tryed to fix this problem myself somehow but I still need some help!!! the thing is I heard on T.V/internet something about hackers can attack INTEL processor and I said why should I not update the intel updates!!maybe it was not necessary but I did it just in case!!! now I'm stuck with this problem.... yeah... pretty strange error... And I saw many people has this problem and many didn't find a fix problem!!!! the problem update should be updated! anyway I still need to find a way how to fix it! I'm gonna search on the internet!! and I saw many hackers know about this and put programs on internet to fix.. were you get malware... I mean why google don't do nothing about it... hahaha... I was a about to download something bad... but I'm glad I didn't hahahaha....

AlHill
Super User

What version of Windows 10? Go to Start, settings, system, about, and go to the bottom of the page to get that information.

Doc