Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

How to return my i9 9900k to default turbo settings after the XTU lost my Defaults and whatever i do insists on running my cpu at a constant 4.8ghz

mloug2
Beginner

i installed xtu, it froze and crashed after i had used it to run tests, which i didn't accept the results of, now it seems my default settings are not used in fact they are lost , but the 4.8ghz setting is applied each time at startup

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello mloug2

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

The Default profile is a snapshot of your default system settings. This profile cannot be overwritten, renamed, or deleted. To restore your default settings, from the Profiles section, select the Default profile from the list of profiles, click Show Values, and then click Apply.

Please let us know if this helps to solve the behavior or if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello mloug2

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to check and try the steps on our previous post.

In case the issue persists, it is worth mentioning that the default value of Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility - Intel® XTU is the value found on the motherboard's BIOS. In this case, you may try uninstalling Intel® XTU from Windows® Apps & Features, then load BIOS defaults and then reinstall Intel® XTU if desired. Back up any Intel® XTU custom profile before reinstalling the program to avoid losing settings or profiles created.

Should you have additional inquiries, please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello mloug2

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this question. If you need further assistance please post a new question.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
mloug2
Beginner

hi Andrew, i apologise for the slow reply, I'm a key worker during the pandemic and work has been frantic. The software only had question marks when i tried to return to defaults, the original values would not load at all. I followed your second idea, (uninstall and return bios to default state) and that worked just fine. Thanks for your time and your help.

Matt

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello mloug2

Thank you very much for your response and feedback.

We are glad to know that the suggestions provided were helpful to return the processor to defaults.

It has been a pleasure to assist you, we will proceed to close this thread but if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos