Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

How to unlock the i7 7700 so I can overclock

lPapa5
Beginner

So I bought this computer from dell and I didn’t know what was the difference k and non k processors.I know there is a way that you can enable the overclock on a locked cpu by bridging or covering some pins but I don’t know which.I also uploaded a photo of the socket.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Omly X and K processors can be overclocked. Yours cannot. Do not try to jumper anything. Your warranty will be voided.

Doc

0 Kudos
lPapa5
Beginner

I bought the pc when the cpu was released so 2 year warranty have passed.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ask dell if the I7-7700K is compatible with their bios on your PC. If it is, purchase one.

Hacks on processors are not supported. If the warranty has expired, then why come here unless you are seeking approval, which will not happen?

Doc

0 Kudos
lPapa5
Beginner

Maybe an overclocker will know so he could tell me how to do it that’s why

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You will have to find them somewhere else. If you want a faster processor, or one that you can overclock, purchase it.

Doc

0 Kudos
lPapa5
Beginner

Purchase an i7-7700k which here cost 440 euro when the ryzen 3300x Which cost will 100€ beats it? Also I want to overclock that i7 7700 because am waiting for the 5nm cpus next year

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

We do not discuss non-K overclocking here. If you want to find out if/how you can do this, there are all sorts of websites that talk about it.

For you folks that purchased Intel boxed processor products and thus have a 3-year limited warranty from Intel, remember that, if this warranty hasn't yet expired, overclocking your non-K processor will most definitely void it on the spot. For folks whose processor came as part of a system, you do not have (and never had) a warranty from Intel for this processor. You need to review the terms of the warranty that you have from this OEM to see if overclocking also voids this warranty (likely does). Regardless, remember that warranty replacement is something between you and your OEM, not Intel.

...S

0 Kudos
lPapa5
Beginner

i never said that I need warranty.i asked you if you work for this company which they are the creators of the chip I have, to give some info about unlocking the i7-7700.every one knows that all cpus that they are made are unlocked but intel locks them so they know how to unlock them

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You will NOT get an answer for what you want on this site. There is no Intel employee or contractor that will provide you with that information, even if it is possible.

Now, stop with this and purchase a new K processor..

Doc

0 Kudos
lPapa5
Beginner

I mean you (intel) created you locked it so tell how to unlock it

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Listen carefully:

1. Processors are locked by blowing fuses. This cannot be reversed. You cannot unlock them.
  2. Intel does not officially support the overclocking of non-K processors. We will not discuss how you go about doing so in these forums

...S

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Another case of Strother Martin syndrome<G>

Doc

0 Kudos
lPapa5
Beginner

Brands like hp dell lenovo asrock even some Chinese ones could overclock locked cpus with moded bios by not allowing the cpu or the mobo to communicate with different parts or even bridging different pins which means you lying

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Then, you should purchase one of those.

And, since your machine is a dell, you should be asking dell how they do it.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You are talking about a totally different methodology that has nothing to do with processor locking. I suggest, before you accuse anyone of lying, you get the facts and properly learn how these methodologies work. We're not going to help you do this here. The conversation is over.

...S

lPapa5
Beginner

In the past was clock engine ,moding pins by bridging them or cover them.Derbauer uploaded a video moding bios and enebling overclock on non k skylake and kabylake and with same tape you can install a coffelake cpu on z270mobo did u know that?

0 Kudos
lPapa5
Beginner

And also asrocks base clock overclock which intel forced them to “fix” it

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, I knew that. Again, that's all overclocking related and nothing to do with processor (multiplier) locking.

This was my last response; I will be ignoring subsequent posts. If you want to play with this stuff, you will have to rely on these 3rd-party sites for your education; we will not provide this kind of information here.

...S

0 Kudos