Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

HyperX 2666 Mhz Ram memory and CPU warranty - round 2

Piotr
Novice

Dear Intel Community,

This is my round two subcject about RAM memory and interpretation your warranty policy. My CPU - i5-10400. I know that if I will buy memory with JEDEC CL19 specification this will be OK and this no void warranty but I ask you about memory 2666 Mhz with CL16 latency. These memory don't have 2666 Mhz CL19 profile in SPD. They works 2666 Mhz CL16 out of box. I will not enable XMP profile but they will be works with CL 16 timing after installation and I can't change to JEDEC specification because I can do this only by OC table in BIOS but it is overclocking so this will void warranty.

This is link to specifications: https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX426C16FB3K2_16.pdf

Lasy you posted:

"Hello Piotr,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to let you know that if you use this memory HX426C16FB3K2/16 with default values without using any Intel® XMP profile that makes the memory speed to run higher than the CPU specifications, you will not have any issues with your warranty.

CPU specifications: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/199271/intel-core-i5-10400-processor-12m-cache-...

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Sebastian M

Intel Customer Support Technician"

I can't reply to you my question because I was buzy so I must know about your interpretation about: "if you use this memory HX426C16FB3K2/16 with default values without using any Intel® XMP profile". I told you that I will not use XMP profile but these memory works out of box on lower timings than JEDEC standard without using of XMP feature so I want to know your interpretation about warranty. I will be buy my memory for next days and I must know.

I hope that you quickly answer.

Yours faithfully,
Piotr

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Piotr, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

In reference to your question, the answer is yes, the Intel® Processor will be cover under the warranty, even if you use a memory RAM that "works out of the box on lower timings than JEDEC standard without using of XMP feature", still the Intel® Processor is covered, so you can go ahead and purchase that memory RAM with no worries since the unit will be cover under the 3 years of warranty.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Piotr, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

In reference to your question, the answer is yes, the Intel® Processor will be cover under the warranty, even if you use a memory RAM that "works out of the box on lower timings than JEDEC standard without using of XMP feature", still the Intel® Processor is covered, so you can go ahead and purchase that memory RAM with no worries since the unit will be cover under the 3 years of warranty.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Piotr, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Piotr
Novice

Yes, it is useful. Thank you very much for answer! Subjects is now end.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Piotr, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

Thank you as well for confirming the information was useful for you.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos