Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

HyperX memory and CPU warranty

Piotr
Novice

Dear Intel Community,

This is me second subcject about RAM memory and interpretation your warranty policy. I know that if I will buy memory with JEDEC CL19 specification this will be OK and this no void warranty but I ask you about memory 2666 Mhz with CL16 latency. These memory don't have 2666 Mhz CL19 profile in SPD. They works 2666 Mhz CL16 out of box. I will not enable XMP profile but they will be works with CL 16 timing after installation and I can't change to JEDEC specification because I can do this only by OC table in BIOS but it is overclocking so this will void warranty.

This is link to specifications: https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX426C16FB3K2_16.pdf

Like you see the default specification is 2666 Mhz CL 16 and this will be run by default out of the box:

FACTORY TIMING PARAMETERS

Default (Plug N Play): DDR4-2666 CL16-18-18 @1.2V

XMP Profile #1: DDR4-2666 CL16-18-18 @1.2V

Can you answer me? People from Intel said about JEDEC memory. I know that this is OK, but I asked you about HX426C16FB3K2/16 and I would like to get simple answer. This memory is not good for warranty? If I will install it and they will be work at default parameters DDR4-2666 CL16-18-18 @1.2V but this feature will be not enable from XMP (XMP profile off). This better timings are out of the box (parameters DDR4-2666 CL16-18-18 @1.2V are saved in SPD like default but this is not JEDEC timings). If I will use these memory this will be void my warranty for CPU? I will be waiting for simple answer (yes/no) for Intel people.

Yours faithfully,
Piotr

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I see two problems so far:

• No processor model number.
  • Using Kingston memory

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Piotr, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would clarify that what can void the warranty of your CPU, is to make it run higher than originally intended, we don’t know which CPU are you using so we can't ensure if these speeds will void your warranty or not. The speeds the memory will run at will also depend on the motherboard design and capabilities, you may want to check with the manufacturer for more information. 

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

• CPU full model number. 
  • Motherboard brand and model number. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Piotr
Novice

My model CPU - i5-10400

Motherboard - ASUS TUF B460M PLUS WI-FI.

CPU support 2666 Mhz speed but this memory is not listed in QVL list of my motherboard but other memory similar is on the list HX426C16FB3K4/32. I think that can be the same memory but in the kit we have 4 modules instead 2 modules.

I contacted by chat with Intel people and consultant from Intel said me that these memory are above JEDEC standard because these memory works only with CL 16 timings instead CL 19 (JEDEC standard) so this will be void any warranty on my CPU. I must have 100% sure because I ordered normal JEDEC memory KVR26N19S8/8 but these HyperX memory now are at the same price like normal Kingston memory with JEDEC timings. Advantages of these HyperX memory is that this have more performance because they automatically overclocking to CL16 timings. I must know if this "factory overclocking" will void my CPU warranty. I didn't buy it because I am worried about my CPU warranty so that is it why I wrote on this forum.

Hope that you quickly answer.

Yours faithfully,
Piotr

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Piotr,  

Thank you for your reply. 

I would like to let you know that if you use this memory HX426C16FB3K2/16 with default values without using any Intel® XMP profile that makes the memory speed to run higher than the CPU specifications, you will not have any issues with your warranty.  

CPU specifications: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/199271/intel-core-i5-10400-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-30-ghz.html 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Piotr,  

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Piotr,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos