Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

I am a fair owner and user of box-type processor G3420. Today I have read news, that all Intel processors have back-door, which permits to hackers to gain control over my private data. I payed my money for this G3420, and now tell me please, when Intel wi

AChir4
Beginner

I am a fair owner and user of box-type processor G3420. Today I have read news, that all Intel processors have back-door, which permits to hackers to gain control over my private data. I payed my money for this G3420, and now tell me please, when Intel will produce the hot-fix for this bug? Also I am a fair user and owner of Intel Atom, and Intel Pentium IV. I am a fan of Intel, and I want to keep being such a fan. So where and when I can get hot-fix?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Microsoft has already issued an update for windows 10, and other operating systems are soon to follow.

Doc

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Microsoft has already issued an update for windows 10, and other operating systems are soon to follow.

Doc

AChir4
Beginner
0 Kudos
DWilk2
Beginner

Important to note any fix will have a performance impact, estimated to be in the range 5-30%.

The question is will Intel be offering compensation or full refunds?
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You should not be speculating on performance impact until you see what the complete resolution will be. There are more updates coming from Microsoft, and Intel has updates on Friday.

So, stop the fear mongering, and put your hands back in your pockets until we know what the real impact and solution is.

Doc