Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

I am facing weird issue with my i7 6700 processor. It doesn't allows me to boot into any of OS .

LKuma10
Beginner

I have gone through forums and found my issue as same as the below one

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490LuYSAU/i76700k-wont-boot-into-nearly-anything-cpu-frequency-abnormally-high-despite-stock-settings

My Pc config was

I7 6700

Asus z270-AR

Hyper X DDR4 8 * 2 , 2133

MSI GTX 1060 6 GB

NVM Samsung 256 Gb

Samsung 2 TB 7200

Antec True Power 650 semi modular

I have tried all possible ways.

Tried without GPU.

Ran with Single Stick, Tried with new ram sticks too.

With Different PSU.

With Z170 motherboard.

But i observe the same issue.

Either freezing at windows logo screen or Rebooting constantly.

Looking forward to hear from you

Your support is much appreciated.

Thank You

0 Kudos
11 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello LKuma10, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. First, I would like to know if the unit boots at all or are you not able to navigate in the operating system? Have you tried replacing the unit with another one to see if the system boots? Have you tried the affected unit in a different motherboard to rule out any possible motherboard issue? Try looking for a BIOS update, sometimes BIOS updates can fix stability issues. Have you tried re-installing the operating system? Let me know so I can assist you further with this. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LKuma10
Beginner

Hi David ,

Thanks for your reply :)

No it doesn't boots to windows, At windows loading screen getting frozen or rebooting constantly.

Yes i switched processor to old mobo z170 and MSI board and observed the same issue .

Yeah i tried to install new OS. When i select boot from drive to install fresh OS even there @ windows loading screen it gets freezes or rebooting.

But whats weird we found was if we open BIOS menu and kept CPU Idle for a hour or some. It doesn't restarts are getting crashed it is stable, I am facing this issue only when i am trying to boot windows or installing new OS.

Is there any fix or workaround way for this problem !!

Thanks,

Lokesh Kumar H

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

method1

reset the BIOS default settings .

enable CSM mode , disable secure boot , disable uefi mode , enable legacy boot .

insert the USB windows 10 bootable pen drive .

select the boot menu .

select USB , then click to boot and then try to install windows

0 Kudos
LKuma10
Beginner

Hi Raju,

Thanks for your reply

Have tried those methods too , But while booting i am getting in to boot loop.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello LKuma10, Thank you for your response. Have you tried using minimum configuration? One RAM stick, a different hard drive to see if the freezing during boot is related to the hard drive in use or not. If after doing this it still freezes then I would recommend you to, if possible, try a different processor in the system to see if the boot process doesn't freeze. Make sure to check that the RAM in use is compatible with the motherboard in use to avoid any potential issues, including but not limited to freezing problems. Let me know please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello LKuma10, Were you able to check my post? Let me know if you need any more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
LKuma10
Beginner

Hi David,

Thanks for your support, Unfortunately my spare system went down due to that i was not able to check the post.

Yes we have tried with my buddy i5 7600K , System boots normal and i was able to boot into windows. When i swapped with 6700 it again freezes during window logo screen or getting restarted.

Its different have checked with few people who build gaming pc , None have come across this issue before.

And if i am in bios menu with faulty unit, It totally works fine i checked as much as for an hour.

On Window boot or when i am trying to install new OS from pen drive i am facing this issue. Also my unit have passed his warranty period.

Is there a option to fix this processor ??

Thanks,

Lokesh Kumar H

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

method 1

reset the BIOS default settings

boot with windows DVD

method 2

upgrade to new BIos , if possible and available

method 3

downgrade to old BIos ( not recommended )

method 4

go to another computer , take windows 10 iso file and Rufus software

insert at least 32GB pen drive

use Rufus software to make bootable USB pen drive with option "WINDOWS TO GO"

once completed process

remove it , put in your pc , select boot device as USB pen drive

it will not install windows to any hard disk . but it acts as own hard disk with windows os installed

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello LKuma10, Were you able to check the previous post? Let me know if you need any more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello LKuma10, Please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
saen
Beginner

Is there any resolution for this case?

H270 chipset

I'm in same situation, i7-6700 and i7-7700 not working, but i5-6400 work

boot loop on Windows but in linux more informative error

images from i7-6700

IMG_20220224_231330.jpg

IMG_20220223_014227.jpg

0 Kudos