Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

I am having problem with laptop shutdown with I5 processor 2410M. When testing with FurMark I noticed that the shutdown occurs when the GPU is used.

RPaul8
Beginner

When the CPU is tested, the computer does not shut down. I wonder if it's normal for the GPU to have no overhead or over temperature prevention.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello RPaul8, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. When did the issue start? Run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool to verify the functionality of an Intel® microprocessor What is the computer model? Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RPaul8
Beginner

Hello,

Apparently I was able to solve the shutdown problem. I was able to upgrade the motherboard BIOS from MB40II-4 (ECS) to Q2432M (Gigabyte). The notebook is no longer turning off for no reason.

But on the diagnostic tool, I'm experiencing error when running visParticle.exe, and it's not just this notebook that has the same problem.

The visParticle.exe did not work correctly on I5 2410M (Southbridge: Intel HM65 rev. 05) and I7 2620M (Southbridge: Intel HM65 rev B2). Does visParticle.exe not compatible with this family? Perhaps it has been rewritten to support the new families and the old ones no longer work?

I bought a new I5 2410M processor, and this one also presented the same error. In other words, it can only be incompatible software.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Glad to hear the issue is fixed! The tool is compatible with that family. Make sure you are running all the drivers for your computer, and also that your operating system is fully supported. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos