Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

I can't find the Intel® Core™ i3-4005U Processor IRST

italo199705
Beginner

I need help I can't find the Intel® Core™ i3-4005U IRST. It does not recognize my ssd disk and I need the IRST to be able to continue with my windows 10 64 bit installation. Does anyone know how I can find it. Thanks

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Install the chipset inf from the acer download for your device after you install windows 10.

https://www.acer.com/gb-en/support?filter=global_download&search=E5-571

You can find the RST driver here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15667/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst-user-interface-and-driver.html?v=t

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
italo199705
Beginner

I can not install Windows 10 because I am in the Windows installation program. It does not recognize the ssd because it is new and needs the IRST driver to recognize. I do not know how to find it because it is an old version. Thanks for the answer

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What exact model ssd are you talking about?

0 Kudos
italo199705
Beginner

KIOXIA EXCERIA SATA6GBIT/S2.5IN 480GB INT

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok.  Why do you need IRST?  Unless you are using raid, just set the bios sata mode to ahci, and forget about IRST.

0 Kudos
italo199705
Beginner

Could you explain me better how to do it. I really need the help. Thank you for everything.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Go into the bios and set your sata mode to ahci.  If you cannot find this, ask acer.

Then, create your windows 10 install media according to these instructions:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Then, install w10 with the usb stick you just created.

0 Kudos
italo199705
Beginner

Thanks for the help really but I checked the bios and if this in AHCI mode. I still have the problem that the SSD does not appear... I have seen many videos and they all tell me that I need the IRST to put it on the usb and update it from the Windows installation. I have no idea where to get the IRST from the processor.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You do not need IRST.

If the ssd does not appear, it may be faulty, or it may just be there is no OS installed.

When you install W10, do a custom install.   Then, at that point, if you do not see the ssd, report back.

If you do see the ssd, delete ALL partitions on that SSD, and install w10 on the unallocated space.

All of this assumes there is nothing on the SSD that you want or need.

Also, make sure the BIOS is in UEFI mode, and not legacy mode, BEFORE you install W10.

So, in the bios, you want SATA mode set to AHCI, and you want UEFI boot instead of LEGACY.

0 Kudos
italo199705
Beginner

The SSD has nothing on it since it is new that is why no disk is coming out.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

OK, then do as I said:

in the bios, set sata mode to AHCI, and set bios to UEFI boot and not legacy.

Then, using the usb stick you created, do a custom install, making sure all partitions (if any) are deleted and select the entire unallocated space.

Let windows 10 install.

Really, this is not an Intel problem.  If you need further help, you should contact acer and/or Microsoft.

0 Kudos