Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

I currently use Asus H170M-Plus M/board with LGA1151 socket, 32GB RAM, Win 7 64bit.

IGree3
Novice

What is fastest Intel Processor suitable for video editing and other processor-hungry tasks?

I do NOT wish to install Windows 10 at any cost.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IGree3
Novice

Hi ...S,

Thank you for this very helpful reply.

I shall have a browse of the list you suggest, but first take a serious look at the I7-6700K you recommend.

I already use an M2 PCIe/NVMe SSD as well as two other Samsung SATA SSD's --- Best investment yet I think.

Ian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Well, you have to use a 6th gen processor. What processor do you currently have?

Doc

0 Kudos
IGree3
Novice

Hi Doc,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm using an I5-6600 3,30GHz at present.

Ian

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The list of processors supported by your board is available here: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H170M-PLUS/HelpDesk_CPU/. According to this list, the most powerful processor available (which you likely want for video editing) that can be used with Windows 7 is the Core i7-6700K. At the same time, do not forget that video editing can be *very* I/O intensive. You want to be using a good SSD and the best choice would be a M.2 PCIe/NVMe SSD. Currently, the top choice for read/write performance is the Samsung 970 Pro series.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
IGree3
Novice

Hi ...S,

Thank you for this very helpful reply.

I shall have a browse of the list you suggest, but first take a serious look at the I7-6700K you recommend.

I already use an M2 PCIe/NVMe SSD as well as two other Samsung SATA SSD's --- Best investment yet I think.

Ian

0 Kudos