Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

I'd like to know the annual failure rate of zeon processor .

User1579076515658673

I'd like to know the annual failure rates of zeon processor each generation like Haswell, Broadwell, Skylake after their releases.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SergioS_Intel

Hello User15790765156586734887,

Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) is a reliability term used to provide the amount of failures per million hours for a product. This is the most common inquiry about a product’s life span, and is important in the decision-making process of the end-user. Intel does not make MTBF information available for Xeon® Processors. Processors are not repairable products. Instead, Intel makes FIT information available but only to customers with Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in place.

Additionally, please provide us the model of your Intel(R) Xeon processor.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I don't work for Intel, but I would think that this is privileged information that Intel does not publish.

...S

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) is a reliability term used to provide the amount of failures per million hours for a product. This is the most common inquiry about a product’s life span, and is important in the decision-making process of the end-user. Intel does not make MTBF information available for Xeon® Processors. Processors are not repairable products. Instead, Intel makes FIT information available but only to customers with Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in place.

Additionally, please provide us the model of your Intel(R) Xeon processor.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

I am following your request in regards to your Xeon processor and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

I am following your request in regard to your Xeon processor and we would like to know if you need further assistance or we can close this thread.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

In case you need more assistance please contact us back. We are going to close this thread.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos