Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

I have a Dell Inspiron 7370 with a i7-8550U. When it´s plugged in cores temperature are running up to 97-99ºC easily. It was "fixed" by Dell´s guarantee changing mother, CPU and fans, but it´s still running at the same temperatures. This is normal??

MRodr29
Beginner

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

​Its  not normal . 

This  highest occurs  by running lots  a  background  applications  and with   windows  services .

Some  unwanted potential  problems may be  running background by utilizing all resources .

Some  corrupted  drivers doing  these

try  to uninstall  waste  applications and  unused applications.

Sfc /Scannow

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MRodr29 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. You can run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to review the processor status in case of any failure reported (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool). I recommend to have the BIOS up to date and to load default BIOS settings (in order to take BIOS actions we recommend contacting the system manufacturer). If the behavior still persist this behavior has to be handle with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MRodr29 I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MRodr29 I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MPerd
Beginner

I'm from Brazil I have the same problem of CPU heating, the motherboard, processor and memory have been replaced by the warranty twice, and the problem has not been solved, is it a manufacturing problem for DELL or Intel?

0 Kudos