Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

I have a i3 9100f and a motherboard that supports 2133/2400/2666 mhz ram sticks. If my motherboard supports 2133mhz by default and I need to go into bios to change it to 2400, would that be the reason why screen doesn't show.(I have a gpu)

EAlp0
Beginner

In 9100f's page it says it supports ddr4 2400mhz, does it not support 2133mhz? I can't go into bios to change it to 2400mhz...

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Good question for your motherboard manufacturer. The processor has no graphics, and it does support 2400.

Is your motherboard bios updated?

Doc

0 Kudos
EAlp0
Beginner

Yes, they updated it to the latest bios version. So if my motherboard is running at 2133mhz this cpu just won't work until I change to 2400mhz profile?( I have an external gpu installed)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, it should still run, just with the slower memory.

I would try different memory.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What is the model number of your motheboard?

Doc

0 Kudos
EAlp0
Beginner

It is MSI H310M PRO-VD, my ram is working on another system at both 2133 and 2400mhz so seems like something's wrong with the cpu. I'm probably going to return this cpu and buy it from somewhere else.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So, it cannot possibly be your board or memory, right? It must be the processor, right?

Everyone wants to take the easy path, which is to blame the processor. Even if the memory works in another machine, TRY DIFFERENT MEMORY.

Returning the cpu and buying from somewhere else? You mean getting the same cpu from another source, or a different CPU?

Doc

0 Kudos
EAlp0
Beginner

I sent the motherboard to service and they said they updated to latest bios, tested everything and it was all functional.

I only have 1 stick of Ddr4 ram with me right now.

And I meant buying the same cpu from another source.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Please try different memory.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Also, you did have the monitor(s) connected to the add-in graphics card and not to the motherboard, right?

0 Kudos
EAlp0
Beginner

Yes, I connected the monitor to the gpu.

0 Kudos