Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14534 Discussions

I have a problem with my CPU - i5-7500 that is hiding cores.

Al3ss
Beginner

Hello Forum,

I have a big problem with my I5-7500 and that's disturbing my work and my free time. I started looking over to see Why my PC is running hard and slowly. And I looked over my GPU nothing wrong, I looked over at my SSD and HDD no problems and then when I looked at my CPU Degrees I saw that my CPU is running only 3 Cores instead of 4 and the bad news are that it happend to me in July aswell and I tought that reinstalling my OS is going to work. Anyways the problem arrived again and it's damaging my PC. Can someone tell me what do to?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello Al3ss,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread. 

• Intel® SSU Download link 
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

You can try the following:

• Please run the Intel® Processor Identification Utility.
  • Download and save the Windows version of the Intel® Processor Identification Utility.
  • Once you run the Intel® Processor Identification Utility, click on File, then save a file and attach it to the thread.
  • Please run Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (Once downloaded, start the test, check the result, click on file, view results file, then save a file and attach it to the thread).
  • Check the BIOS of your computer and make sure all the cores are enabled. (You may contact your System Manufacturer to get the appropriate steps).
  • Update the BIOS of your system.
  • Set BIOS settings to default.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello Al3ss,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

Al3ss
Beginner

Hello, the main problem was my OS. Thanks for your help. If you want to know what I did, I just reinstalled Windows.

Have fun,

Al3ss

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello Al3ss,

Thank you for the update.

I am glad it's working now, hopefully this will help other peers.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos