Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

I have a problem with my new i3 9100f

FBild
Beginner

I bought a new processor . Its i3 9100f and i am using it with stock cooler on asus h310 gaming plus mainboard.. but Suddenly cpu is increasing 30degrees to 40degrees(idle).. And i saw the max temp is 81 (load).. what should i do can u help me please...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Make sure your motherboard bios is updated.

Check or replace your cooling system.

Doc

0 Kudos
FBild
Beginner

I made you said all .. is this problem on cpu or stock cooler do you think? Should i ​give cpu back?

0 Kudos
FBild
Beginner

Or to buy new cooler?​

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I cannot say what the problem is. However, I think it is very likely a problem with the motherboard/bios and/or the cooling/ventilation system.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

As far as I can tell, what you are seeing is completely normal and expected. Significant changes in processor temperature can occur very rapidly. While you might think your system is idle, Windows 10 has many background tasks that run when the system is detected to be idle and thus seeing changes in processor loading and temperature is normal and expected. Finally, if your temperature under heavy load only goes to the 80-90c range, then your overall cooling solution is working properly and the processor kept happy (at least thermally).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
SdinizF
Beginner

Hi, I have an i3 9100f and its temperature seems high too. I did a load test using Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and the temp goes to 81 celsius.

Do you tried to change the cooler box? I'm thinking about doing and I'd like to listen someone's experience with this processor.

My computer seems quite like yours.

Thank you.

0 Kudos