Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

I have an Intel Core i9-9900K in my PC, and a process called intel system usage report is eating my CPU percentages up... It results in frame drops.

KMull7
Beginner

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file (using the paperclip under the toolbar).

Doc

0 Kudos
KMull7
Beginner

Thanks for helping out, here it is!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No attachment. Please do it again.

Doc

0 Kudos
KMull7
Beginner

I see... It tells me the file is no longer available... I willl send the .txt file in a zip this time...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I would first try updating your MSI BIOS.

Doc

0 Kudos
KMull7
Beginner

Ill try it! thanks!

0 Kudos
KMull7
Beginner

I looked at my Bios, and it already has the latest version, installed around 2 months ago.

Any other solutions?

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello KMull7

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

If this behavior persists, we would like to check if it is linked to an Intel® process. Please refer to the following details:

1- Right-click on your Start button to open the WinX Menu. Select Run. This opens the Run box. Now type services.msc in it and hit Enter to open the Services Manager and take a screenshot of all the Services related to "Intel" and please attach them to this thread.

2- This could be related to the Telemetry software running on the background and that is what we are trying to isolate, or you could try uninstalling Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) and any references to Intel Program Improvement then restart and check if the issue persists.

Note:

To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
KMull7
Beginner

there is no such thing as intel driver & support assistant installed at the moment.

The screenshot should be attached

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello KMull7

Thank you for your response.

In this case, we would like to gather additional details to investigate this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Details or screenshots listing all the Intel® Apps and Intel-related software in Windows® Settings >> Apps & Features.

2- Screenshots from Windows® Task Manager showing:

a- "Processes" tab ordered by the "CPU" column.

b- "Performance" tab showing CPU utilization.

3- We understand Intel® DSA is not installed in the system. By any chance do you know if it was installed before in the system and then removed/uninstalled from the computer?

4- Is the high CPU utilization behavior by this particular process occurring randomly or all the time without changing/decreasing?

5- Did your system work fine before? Was there any Windows, driver, software, or hardware change at the moment where you noticed this behavior?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello KMull7

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. If yes, could you please provide the information requested in our previous post?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello KMull7

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this inquiry. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos