Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

I have been looking for Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor Platform Auto-Installer for Ubuntu* v16.04.3(18.04 preferred). Unable to find anywhere.

RRAME3
Beginner

I am planning to install & run edge applications and Kubernetes clusters on a Lanner uCPE NCA-4020 server. As a first step, I am trying to install Ubuntu 18.04 LTS in it. I had the BIOS setup but I am unable to get the GRUB menu up after setting the BIOS configs. Apparently there is an Enhanced Auto Installer package can be used for installing an Ubuntu* operating system image and all required SW stacks. The auto installer is something I've been searching for in multiple sites and forums. Any leads would be helpful. Thank you!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlHill
Super User

THis forum is for Intel NUCs.

Doc

0 Kudos
RRAME3
Beginner

Could you please lead me to the right forum category?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello RRAME3,

Can you please provide us the model of your Intel(R) Xeon Scalable processor? Also, please provide us the model of your Intel(R) Server Board.

Finally, can you please let us know if the Xeon® Scalable Processor Platform Auto-Installer for Ubuntu is part of a repository?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
RRAME3
Beginner
Hi Sergio, Thanks for your response. The name of the server is Lanner uCPE NCA-4020. The specs of the processor is in the attachment. We are using the NCA 4020 Plus platform. Also, I’ve been following this document for the OS install - http://www.lannerinc.com/phocadownload/solution-brief/Installation%20Guide_Intel%20Select%20Solution%20for%20vCPE_Lanner_Final.pdf Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Rajesh Ramesh
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello RRAME3,

Thank you for the additional information, can you please provide us the markings of your system?

This information will help us with your question.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
RRAME3
Beginner

Please find the specs of the system in the attachment.

Thanks,

Rajesh

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello RRAME3,

We need the markings that are located on the sticker of your system.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello RRAME3,

We are following your question and we would like to know if you need more assistance.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello RRAME3,

We are following your question and we would like to know if you were able to get the system markings.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
RRAME3
Beginner
Apologies for the delay, as I didn’t have access to the server. The attached file was the only marking I found on the server. Please let me know if it helps. Thanks, Rajesh Ramesh
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello RRAME3,

Unfortunately, we need the markings of the system in order to properly assist you, and check if you have an Intel(R) based system, our other recommendation will be to contact the manufacturer or the developer of the operating system.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos