Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

I have motherboard MSI Z390 MPG GAMING PLUS build with Graphic Card … do I need to buy a cpu integrated graphics like intel core i5 9600K or I can choose intel core i5 9600KF and no need integrated graphics

Nahil_Yousif
Beginner

MSI Z390 MPG GAMING PLUS

which is will be a best chosen  intel core i5 9600K or  intel core i5 9600KF ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

It looks to me like you can go either way. If you want to use the onboard ports, you need a processor that has graphics. If you want to use an add-on graphics card, fine, you can use a processor that does not have graphics. However, you will also not have access to the onboard ports.

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-Z390-GAMING-PLUS#support-cpu

BUT, you know the best place to ask about MSI motherboards? MSI. It is their board, they built it, they know what they support. Intel does not.

Doc

Nahil_Yousif
Beginner
0 Kudos
Nahil_Yousif
Beginner

So if I choose intel core i5 9600KF (not integrated graphics) means the Graphic Card in MSI Z390 MPG GAMING PLUS will doesn't works?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

As I said, MSI is very good at answering questions about their boards.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If you purchase the Intel Core i5-9600KF, then the graphics connectors on the back panel of your motherboard cannot be used. You must have an add-in graphics card in this case.

...S

0 Kudos
Nahil_Yousif
Beginner

thank you …. yes you right … I got answer too from MSI

Regarding your concern, you can choose any of them to use. If you choose i5-9600KF, the onboard graphic cannot be used. Thanks!

0 Kudos