Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

I have the HP 15 Laptop with Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030OU CPU @ 1.90 GHz with Windows 8.1. When running AVG Internet Security Scan, it says that the Intel(R) Management Engine Components program is greatly slowing down the performance of my laptop.

LAnde12
Beginner

Is this a necessary program for using my laptop? Should I try to disable it? I don't know very much about computers, to say the least. I'm not even sure if I'm posting to the correct Community section.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Use a different AV program. Seriously.

Doc

0 Kudos
LAnde12
Beginner

Thanks for your suggestion. However, I just paid almost $90 for another year's subscription to this Internet Security program. Should I just ignore it's assessment of the major slow down that the Intel(R) Management Program Components causes and not disable it? Also, I wonder if I delete Window's .tmp files if that will cause more problems? Are they something that would slow down my laptop function or are they just related to the amount of storage capacity that my laptop has? I haven't even used half the storage capacity of my hard drive.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yes, ignore it's assessment.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You may want to use the drivers from HP for your laptop just to reassure yourself that it is not a driver problem, but an avg problem. You may also want to try, temporarily, another AV.

Doc

0 Kudos
LAnde12
Beginner

This may sound like a stupid question (and probably is to most of you here). What do you mean by AV? And I thought that my computer does use the drivers from HP because I haven't installed any other drivers.

0 Kudos