Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

I increased the cpu multiplyer and now it keeps restarting without display

M_Zachary
Beginner
Last settings i changed in the bios was primary gpu to pcie exp and the cpu multiplyer from 39 to 40.

Tried reseting the bios by removing the cmos battery, removing the psu cable and changing the jumpers to 2-3, still the same thing after i turned it back on.

Tried cleaning the rams sticks, changing them between slots and running one at a time, still the same thing.

Tried changing the gpu to my older gpu but still nothing.

Cpu: i7 3770

Ram: 32gb 1600mhz (8gbx4)

Mobo: Intel dh77kc

Gpu: gt620(old) to a 6600xt(new)

Psu: evga 700br (new)

Storage: 240gb ssd

I doubt there is overheating issues with the hyper 212. Case airflow seems to be fine.

Cant seem to get it to restart or to reset bios settings. What should I do?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sigh! Never set Primary Video Adapter to anything but Auto.

You had A/C power disconnected while the battery was removed, right?

You removed the battery for 15 minutes, right?

Have you tried removing the GFX card completely and connecting your monitor to the motherboard?

...S

0 Kudos
M_Zachary
Beginner
Yep, unfortunately it still keeps restarting
0 Kudos
MRoss5200
Valued Contributor I

Pull the yellow BIOS jumper off the board. This puts the BIOS into recovery and with out any drives attached, should boot into the BIOS Recovery Menu. From here you should be able to enter Visual BIOS and restore settings to F9 defaults. After you reset your settings, save and exit, power off and replace the yellow jumper back onto pins 1-2. 

Most likely your CPU is not overclockable, and it is preventing you from booting your system and damaging itself. Since I see you have a Core i7 3770 Ivy Bridge CPU, this is a 65w CPU and does NOT have an unlocked multiplier that supports overclocking. This may be why it does not boot now.

Also, make sure you have the last BIOS released for that board to see if any later updates may fix your issues. Looks like 0112 from 2018 was the last production BIOS released for that MB.  Now the trick is finding this BIOS.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello M_Zachary,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it. I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge, and they jumped in and helped. 

You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". https://ark.intel.com/   

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos