I've got a few questions about the I7-4700MQ processor. I have this cpu on my notebook and I've been getting pretty high temperatures for while already (a year or so).
Here are the temperatures I usually get:
- Idle: 70C
- web browsing: 80~85C
- watching videos on the internet: up to 95C
- gaming: it reaches thermal throttling
I repasted it a few times already, the first time I've noticed I little decrease in temperature (about 3~5C) but since then it's been pretty much as described above.
I do not know at what temperatures my notebook ran when it was new, but I used to play BF3 on high+ settings without much stutter.
So, what I would like to know is:
- what are the expected idle temperatures for this cpu model?
- or are these temperatures normal for this cpu?
- what could cause these high temperatures I'm getting?
Thanks in advance for any info on this topic.
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.