Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

I want to lower the temperature of CPU. recommended fan and adhere for i7 6700 HQ cpu ?

myintc
Beginner

I want to lower the temperature of CPU. recommended fan and adhere for i7 6700 HQ cpu ?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello myintc

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please provide the following information:

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
myintc
Beginner

Hi David, 

What does the software you provided do?  it is diagnostic of the cpu and computer  as a whole?

The reason im trying to lower the temperature is , it seems the cpu temperature is near 96 when it is near maximum idle load.  and its not responsive.   and recently there are 3 crashes , i doubt its caused by the temperature, and the computer seems to be lower the frequency of the cpu, and temperature is never went above 85 C again even when its at max load, and cpu can get to 100% load more often than before.  

So at the moment it seems lowering the temperature should help, and get the cpu back to maximimum mode.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We use the reports to determine what the problem might be, one of the reports is a diagnostic tool to determine if there is a problem with the processor. In this case, since this is a mobile processor and we can't use the diagnostic tool, we recommend that you check with the manufacturer of the system for diagnostics, troubleshooting or warranty options if applicable.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
myintc
Beginner

I just saw the prvious post.  

So the software you mentioned doesnt work on this mobile processor? 

This utliity would work?

• ntel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results
    • Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
    • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
    • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
    • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

So this one wont work in my cpu?

It might not waranty issue, not sure about it yet.  the problem begins about few weeks ago.  Or at least that's when i noticed it. 

Maybe clean up the fan inside or using bettter adhere will solve it for long time usage.     i already used it for more than 2 years. 

Few years ago, i had similar issue with antoher laptop, it is about heating issue, becase of lots of dust. 

This is why im going this route first.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

To provide any suggestions we need the reports, you can use both tools with your processor. If you have any problems running any of the tools, please provide more information and screenshots.

To clarify, we can only provide update suggestions; If you need physical recommendations or detailed troubleshooting, you will need to contact the laptop manufacturer.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
myintc
Beginner

Here are the two reports.

please take a look. and give me advise.

thanks

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided. The processor passes the diagnostic tool meaning that it's not affected by the current temperatures. Checking the processor specifications page, it indicated the maximum temperature allowed is 100°C, anything above that could affect the CPUs lifespan and performance.

We noticed the OS is up to date but your BIOS is from 2017, this could be the cause of sudden temperature changes or persistent high temperatures. We recommend that you contact the system manufacturer for a BIOS update, which version is recommended and the steps to install it. If you want to replace the cooling system of your computer, you need to check with the system manufacturer for recommendations and compatibility details.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos