Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

I want to upgrade my i3-2328M Processor to i7-3630QM

FKoc
Beginner

Hi everyone Im new in this forum I need you guys help for upgrading my CPU. Is my motherboard compatible with the CPU I want to use? Could you guys answer this question for me Its specifications of my CPU and Mainboard. I need you guys answer.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to provide much more information on the motherboard. Who is the manufacturer of your system and what is the system model number?

Doc

0 Kudos
FKoc
Beginner

Hi Al Hill! Manufacturer of motherboard is Toshiba I guess. I don't really know that much about computers. My laptop is Toshiba Satellite C855-1WX but I don't know what "system model number" is neither how to find it Could you tell me how do i make it?

0 Kudos
FKoc
Beginner

Hi ! I guess i found it. Its serial number is "XC241543R"

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You need to contact Toshiba and ask them what processors are compatible with their bios. Then you can select from those processors.

Being socket compatible is not enough. The upgrade processor must also be chipset and BIOS compatible. Only toshiba can tell you what their bios supports.

Doc

0 Kudos
FKoc
Beginner

How i can connect with them? Are there any website of it to make? Or I should sent mail to them?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
FKoc
Beginner

Sadly this website doesn't support for my country : Turkey Trying to find it in Turkish Toshiba website

0 Kudos
FKoc
Beginner

I sent a mail to the mailto:info@toshibatr.com info@toshibatr.com . Hope they will reply soon. By the way thank you for your support It really helps me to find it. Im gonna reply this comment after answer from Toshiba. Bye for now and thank you!

0 Kudos